Crispy Sweet-Potato Fries
I have given into the urge to share personal things here. So it seems only fitting that I begin this process by sharing my new food addiction...Crispy Sweet-Potato Fries!
Okay, I discovered this recipe and decided to try it. Now let me say first that I was not a big sweet potato fan. Actually, I did not know if I liked them or not. At Thanksgiving mom makes a sweet potato casserole dripping with nuts and marshmallows and it had never appealed to me! So, here I am trying something new. Needless to say I bake these about every other day and eat them as a snack. They really are tasty and healthy too! Beware, because they are addictive!
Makes four servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 to taste of ground pepper
- 1/4 to taste of salt (I like a lot of salt)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Halve the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch wedges or smaller. Toss with the oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- I like to set the oven on low broil right at the end to make them more crispy!
- Store sweet potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place for up to two weeks...I have not tried this, because I never have any left over!
- I like to cut the potatoes pretty thin. Experiment with widths and oven times to get the "just right potato" for you!
I hope you enjoy this terrific snack!
Until next time, have a great weekend!