Happy New Year everyone!
I have a 2014 wall calendar, featuring my artwork that is ready for a new home. Leave a comment on this post by 7:00PM EST today to be entered to win! Please include your e-mail address so I can contact you.
Have a blessed day!
Thank-you for all the lovely comments! I wish I could respond to all of you personally. Know that I read every comment and you made me smile with gratitude.
Congratulations to our winner: Elizabeth H.
I will be sending you an e-mail to get your mailing address. :)
And...here we go!
1. I do the laundry and he does the grocery shopping...that is the way we do it here!
2. Meals around our house are a little different these days since transitioning to a whole foods, plant-based diet!
3. Wait, wait it can't be the end of December yet!
4. I need to, find the perfect food chopper, slicer and processor so I don't have to keep cutting and chopping all my fruits and veggies by hand!
5. At the end of the year, I like to watch all the ESPN shows that highlight all that happened in sports during the year.
6. Celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary with a cruise is one of the things I'm looking forward to in 2014.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing up my December Daily, tomorrow my plans include plotting and planning and Sunday, I want to take a deep breath and rest!
One part planner plus one part art journal and one part weekly challenge equals an amazing year of organization, inspiration and community. Join us for the Documented Life Project.
We start with a Moleskine Weekly Planner.
•If you want to buy the "as it comes" Moleskine Planner online, get one HERE!
•If you want to take a mini-class on how to alter your Moleskine planner including gorgeous downloads, details coming soon via Lorraine Bell's blog HERE!
•If you have your own calendar or planner you want to use, that's great too.
Now the journey begins!
Starting January 1, 2014, we* will issue a weekly challenge on ways to use and decorate your planner to make it uniquely yours. Interpret the challenge in any way you desire or be inspired by our artists. Yes, this is free and open to everyone - artists, scrapbookers, calendar keepers, organization lovers, art journalers- yes, YOU! You can find the first challenge on any of the blogs listed below or on the Facebook page listed.
If you would like your planner to look just like ours, we are offering a mini-class taught by artist Lorraine Bell with step-by-step video instructions, filmed behind the camera by Roben-Marie, featuring hand painted gorgeous downloads to make your book an inspiring place for you to look forward to spending some time each week (click HERE to see a sample of Lorraine's gorgeous planner). Watch for details coming for this class soon OR if you prefer, you can make the planner in your own style.
You can find us here:
And our Life Photographer: Barbara Moore
Post your challenge response to your favorite social media and upload it to our Flickr Group and Facebook Group to share in the community of Life Documentors!
We would be thrilled to have you create and play along with us in The Documented Life Project.
Who knows what can happen?!
On a girl's trip to Grand Cayman back in September, I spotted my friend Lorraine's Moleskine Planner. I didn't want to just pick it up and start looking at it but it was sitting on her table and I kept walking by it trying to figure out what it was. Finally, I couldn't take it any longer and had to ask her if I could look at it. I knew immediately that I wanted to make one of my own. We piled into the car and ventured out to the local book store in the hopes that they would have them in stock. We were all giddy with excitement when we were rewarded with just enough Moleskine Planners. We had so much fun creating these lovely planners and adding to them is going to be such a joy in 2014!
Have a blessed day!
And here we go...
1. Sleigh bells ring and it makes me think of snowy weather, which we never see in Florida.
2. It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees and the one I bought is named Sappy Firwood!
3. You're a mean one and should make an effort to do at least one nice thing each day.
4. Father Christmas is who again?
5. Silent night is so calming, especially when there is a full moon.
6. All I want for Christmas is a food chopper/slicer!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to wrapping gifts and quiet time, tomorrow my plans include attending our church Christmas party and Sunday, I want to catch up on my December Daily project!
This year I wanted to create some little ornaments with my own artwork. I had some art boards and thought they would be perfect. Join me for a little tutorial so you can make your own.
If you would like one of mine, I have a few in my Etsy Shop HERE!
•Color photocopies of artwork or other images (I printed mine with a laser printer onto Premium Laser Paper by HP and sized the images at about 4.5" x 4.5" so they would be a little larger than the panel).
•Adhesive (I used Collage Pauge)
•4" x 4" art boards (I used Ampersand brand with a 3/8" profile).
•Screw eyes - #216 size
•Center punch - small tip
•Pliers - optional
•Sealer - optional
•Paint brush - optional
1. Brush adhesive onto art board with brush or fingers.
2. Place color image onto board and smooth out air bubbles by running a brayer gently across the board. Set aside to dry.
3. Using a sharp blade, turn the board over and trim off the extra paper.
4. Using a pencil, mark a small spot at 2" and gently tap the center punch to create a little hole. Be careful when tapping so you don't crack the board.
5. Place the screw eye into the hole and gently turn it until it is flush with the wood. If you have trouble turning the screw eye, use a small pair of pliers to help turn it.
6. Insert a matching ribbon and tie into a loop.
I know I am late to the party but decided I could not stand being left out any longer! I worked on my first December Daily book over the weekend and have the foundation ready. I have nine days to catch-up but I can do it!! Here is a peek of my cover and I promise to show more soon!!
Have a blessed day!